• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wherever you stray I follow, tiercel
    You think I'll be the Dark Sky so you can be the Star?
    I'll Swallow you Whole.
    She had never known what it meant to want to be with someone. To crave having someone alongside of her, to want to feel the warmth of his body flush against hers, to understand what it means to be able to be herself without the worry that she was failing at simply existing. It was something she had wondered about, but only in the very basic way that she used to wonder about everything else. She did not understand why everyone else seemed to need it—why they could not be alone, why they broke and they died and they bled for someone else. It was an unfathomable thing to her, this idea that you could care for someone else, and that they would care back.

She understands it now, to an extent. She cares for Tiercel and Kamaria in a way that is unmatched, and she understands what it means to be willing to die for someone—and to want to live for someone.

The captive star in her heart was so much quieter these days, leaving room for other things.

She relaxes into him as his lips follow the path down her neck, curling closer at the feel of his mouth on her withers. The same guilt from before stirs in her chest when he mentions his nightmares, and she does not move from where she rests—purposely unable to meet his gaze—when she says softly, “I know. I feel you.”

And she is helpless to stop them, just as she had been helpless to save him.

It is only the last part of his statement that causes her to draw back, but just enough to find the familiar blue of his eyes, her own eyes dark and reflecting the sorrow and sympathy tightening her chest, though her tone is firm. “Tiercel, you didn’t let anyone down. Especially not me, or Kamaria.” She had never faulted him for being gone; she had missed him, but she had never blamed him. She knows, though, that she can tell him that over and over and it still would not convince him to forgive himself; she only hopes that perhaps being here for the twins from the beginning will allow him to start.

Pressing her lips gently to the corner of his mouth, she follows by saying quietly, “You can tell me about them, you know. You don’t have to bear this by yourself.” After all, wasn’t that how they had started? With he, teeming with too many emotions, and her, entirely stark and empty?

Running her pale nose the length of his neck, beneath the thick mess of his mane and against the warm skin beneath it, she adds earnestly, “Tell me how to help you.”
    Islas

@[Tiercel]

Messages In This Thread
    wherever you stray I follow, tiercel - by Islas - 05-10-2021, 03:06 AM
    RE: wherever you stray I follow, tiercel - by Islas - 05-25-2021, 12:21 AM