• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Weren't you praying on your knees for me? Hyperia
    let it all come out and burn like a fire
    For all her worldly disdain, Wrenley is in truth woefully underprepared for the world as it truly is. She had grown up with the benefit of kind and loving parents, sheltered in their embrace. They had never let harm come to her, and Wrenley, in her youthful self-absorption, had never considered that it was their protection that allowed her the freedom to treat the world as cavalierly as she does.

Her world has always been so very simple, and she has yet to realize it is not as she had always imagined it.

So it is that in her small corner of the universe, night has always been met with a flurry of activity. For a family of creatures who are so unified with the darkness, daytime hours are for sleeping while nighttime hours are for everything else. Which is why Hyperia’s assertion baffles her, causing her to snort her disbelief. It should have been an entirely inelegant action, but somehow it is not. “Those plebians wouldn’t understand if it bit them on the butt,” she replies dismissively before airily adding with a faintly haughty tilt of her nose, “you’re better off without them anyway.”

Wrenley cannot help but be pleased when Hyperia agrees with her, replying that she had in fact never seen anyone like her. She had known it of course, but it’s nice to hear it from someone else too. In that moment, she decides that she rather likes the young water nymph. Which is rare, considering she almost never likes anyone she meets. And so when Hyperia offers her name, Wrenley returns it with a faint, almost friendly smile. “I’m Wrenley.”

Wrenley

@[hyperia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Weren't you praying on your knees for me? Hyperia - by Wrenley - 05-25-2021, 10:07 AM