• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Even when the light can't find me [Any]

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

He had been expecting some sort of fear reaction, some sort of exclamation of fright or anger at this sudden change of appearance. Most would react that way… Most had before. Cheri was not like most though and it takes him a moment to see that she is actually excited by the presence of the bear. Her wings flutter with energy as she grins up at him and he can’t help the rather sheepish grin he gives back. It’s easy to get swept away in the light of her enthusiasm.

The question she asks him next is more shocking than the lack of fear. Were they separate entities? No, he thinks and finds himself shaking his head. “We are One.” He hesitates, because it’s not as simply as all that. “The bear was given to me, a curse and a gift. It was not something I could control at first… sometimes I still can’t. We are one in body but our minds can form different thoughts and opinions.” On a subconscious level he knows that the bear holds a grasp on some sort of manifestation created by bits of him mixed with Carnage’s magic. It’s predator instincts and rage tied into his own mind and feelings, they were rooted to each other but it was hard to see where one started and the other ended.

He sighs softly, “It’s complicated. At least for me. There are other shifters who seem different then I.”

Ledger

@[Cheri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Even when the light can't find me [Any] - by Ledger - 05-28-2021, 08:39 PM