• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Stuck underwater [Oceane]

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

The only thing that makes all this slightly bearable is her pressed against his neck and his pulse would quicken beneath his sweat soaked skin from her touch as much as it would beat frantically from what they had just gone through... If it could only beat at all. He cannot see her, she is so firmly tucked to him right beneath his blind side, but he feels her breath on his neck and can’t help the physical response it draws from him. His head lowers slightly as his neck angles closer to her, to keep her shielded against him. The bear and he are one in this moment, wanting nothing more than to protect her from the magic that still lingers in the air. When had this happened? When had that moment changed within him, when he suddenly cared (deeply) about what would happen to her? The realization that there was nothing he wouldn’t do for the vibrant Queen of Loess makes him grunt softly with the sudden ache of pain that stirs in his crystal heart.

She looks up to him and he takes a step back, not just from the sudden ache beneath the branded X or the sweep of desire that suddenly runs hot in his blood and feeds off the blast of adrenaline that had spiked throughout their terrible trip into the past. It’s the lack of pity in her eyes and the words that follow and it is his turn to look away, unable to bring himself to see what she sees. “I am not a good man Oceane. You saw… You saw everything.” His voice is steady but his words are broken things he lays before her. He cannot look her in the eye. “You’ve seen the worst in me.” There are unspoken words that are left here too. That he could easily become that shattered beast again, that the fits of madness were always lurking right on the edge of his peripheral view. Waiting.

She speaks of magic and now rough laughter escapes him with a shake of his head, forcing himself to turn the molten flecks of his eye to her brilliant amber ones. “I don’t have magic… Just a bear and a heart of glass. ” For a moment he looks confused, had Carnage left something else to fester deep within his skin? Had he just not realized it till now? It seemed like another curse, this ability to look at his past, and if he had it he didn’t want it. The bear was more than enough. He doesn’t even realize that he’s spoken about the other affliction out loud, a defect that he had never openly talked about or admitted to since the day it had been placed in his chest. With the exception of Carnage (he remembers in his madness his plea on the Mountain) it had been a dirty little secret that he carried alone.

He doesn’t want to think back on everything he had seen, everything that had been exposed to her. Her. Guiltily he realizes that he has been selfish, wrapped up in his own pain, and the look he gives her is a worried one, concern that lingers in his dark gaze. “Are you alright? Are you hurt?” There doesn't seem to be anything physically marked on her skin but he trusts magic as much as he trusts Carnage, zero percent.

Ledger

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-06-2021, 01:54 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-12-2021, 11:55 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-13-2021, 12:19 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-15-2021, 09:55 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-16-2021, 02:20 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-17-2021, 09:31 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-18-2021, 12:00 AM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Oceane - 05-21-2021, 11:26 PM
    RE: Stuck underwater [Oceane] - by Ledger - 05-23-2021, 12:00 PM