• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  So why are you running away [Oceane/Any]

a bright and dangerous spark

The arrival of the Pampas Prince and his companion isn’t enough to ruin the splendor of a lovely day, and as Cheri smiled to her Queen assuringly she stepped just as casually in-line beside her courtier Ledger. “He said nothing to me.” The young mare noted of Obscene, diverting her gaze the instant his lips came to rest on Aela’s smooth neck. Had she expected anything else? Perhaps so, since she’d been weak enough to acknowledge him in the first place. Cheri chastised her actions, wishing she would have ignored him as easily as he chose to disregard her, but there was no going back now. She was only happy that his affection hadn’t lingered overlong on the mare he’d brought with him.

Aela’s presence was hard to ignore. Saccharine and painted gold, she was a lovely creature. Capable of rousing what little jealousy Cheri had, if only because of her past where Obscene was concerned. Her black counterpart clopped steadily behind the monarchs who’d begun to trail a little ahead of their consorts, tinkling from the sound of her crystals tapping one another as she walked, thinking of any silver lining she could grasp at in the current situation to keep her from outwardly appearing as agitated as she was by the palomino’s presence here in Loess. “If anything, this only confirms the idea I had about him being a troublemaking scoundrel.” She thought, frowning slightly at the sound of Aela’s voice.

Cheri hadn’t wanted to be the one to reply, but one glance toward Ledger showed his own thoughts preoccupied; the black appy readjusted her wings and glanced curiously at the diplomat, her mind awash with questions she felt forbidden to ask. “The first of many, we hope.” Cheri opted for a courteous remark instead, then answered Aela’s question with a strangely graceful smile. “I’ve been to many beautiful places, the Pampas being one of them. Ledger?” She diverted the topic away as quickly as possible, eager to avoid any further discussion on the matter.
    Full-sized image link

OOC: Jeje was fine with me skipping her, she said she was going to be a crazy person and reply to herself.
    @[Ledger]
    @[Aela]
    @[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: So why are you running away [Oceane/Any] - by Cheri - 06-05-2021, 08:38 PM