• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Even when the light can't find me [Any]

a bright and dangerous spark

This was far from Cheri’s first encounter with something evil, so it felt natural that she should marvel over the power rather than fear it. The idea that Ledger could ever be associated with that word - “Evil” - seemed impossible to her, especially when she could see a tinge of humility and sheepishness coloring his expression. His bear, though mighty impressive, was really more of an alternate expression of himself (that was how Cheri interpreted his explanation, anyways) and not like a twin.

Technically, this was only her first encounter ever seeing a horse shapeshift as well. She had forgotten about her brief liaison with the manticore in the humid jungle of Tephra, back when the Eclipse blotted out the sun. It was only when she expressed her fascination over the matter that the memory came back to her completely. So she had seen a creature like Ledger before, but she hadn’t been able to fully uncover what lay underneath.

“Interesting.” She murmured, not realizing she’d drifted closer toward the palomino stallion. Her distant gaze betrayed her: she was full of curiosity and entirely preoccupied with storing every word for recollection later. His predicament was one worth puzzling over. “I understand if you refuse this request,” She perked up, suddenly struck by an idea, “but could I touch you?” Cheri asked boldly.

Now it was her turn to look sheepish.

Before he could refuse she spoke again, driven to explain why instead of letting him guess at the reason. “I’m, er … well I’m a healer you see.” The young pegasus mare grinned softly. “But lately I’ve been cultivating this process of healing that deals with ‘mental’ scars rather than just the physical ones.” Her words came quickly. “When I use my gift on a horse for the first time, there’s a deep connection between my patient and I; a sensation comes to me, where I recognize things invisible to the naked eye. I call them traumas.” Cheri explained.

She took a breath, allowing the moment to soak quietly for a second or two until she could finish up.

“Anyways, your past might make you the perfect candidate for me to practice familiarizing myself with these ‘sensations’, also I’ve never used my gift on a shapeshifter before … which makes me all the more eager to try.” She laughed awkwardly, trying not to sound so offensive while hoping Ledger wouldn’t outright spit in her face. “You’re so weird!” She thought of herself. “Why do you always have to be so weird?”
    Full-sized image link

@[Ledger]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Even when the light can't find me [Any] - by Cheri - 06-10-2021, 08:42 PM