• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm a classy girl with intrepid taste; Joining

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

Life truly couldn’t get any better then this.

He still cannot believe that his heart is whole, that it is no longer a vapid crystal thing incapable of true feeling. It is a strong pulse that thrums in his veins as it relearns its rhythm and remembers the paths it took long ago. The emotions he experiences now can sometimes overwhelm him, he feels so strongly, so painfully and unforgiving, and he wouldn’t change a thing. They had only been whispers of the real thing before, a taunt to remind him what his glass heart kept him from as much as it had protected him.

But it hadn’t been living. He hadn’t been truly living when he couldn’t fully feel the way his heart beats for her, the beautiful Genie that had wished him back to a true existence. When it had just been a sad and heavy thing filled with empty darkness. The memories still hurt and the pain still lingers from his past but he embraces it because it means he can feel her. Oceane could break his new heart a thousand times over and it wouldn’t be enough, the debt he owes her is that great. Besides, it belongs to her anyways, this thunder in his chest that storms for her and only her. This tempest she had created to begin with.

There is something different in the one eyed stallion, in the way he lifts his head a little higher and the gait of his step. There is something different in the bear which seems less inclined to reach so quickly for teeth and claws. There is a peace between him, horse and beast, and he doesn’t bother to hide himself anymore. The polar bear was becoming a popular sight in Loess.

He had fallen asleep in the pool again, a large mound of white fur laying half in and half out of the water as the sun beats down in a hot afternoon sky. This is where he is most summer days, the arctic ursine within him restless with the heat. It seems their temper mirrors the temperature and so it is the crystal cool waters near his hidden cove that he spends the day if he can. It is easy to miss him when he is balled into himself like this and so she seems to miss him, the stranger that helps herself to his pool. With a yawn he unfurls as the water starts to rise around him and a voice stirs him to life. One beady eye lands on the backside of a fiery mare who now lazily languishes in the water before him. Where his other eye should be lays a clawed empty socket, exposed and catching shadows in the hollow of carved skin.

He watches her for a moment before sinking further into the saltwater, submerging most of himself in the pool until just his head remains. His bear senses are sharp as he catches her scent and notes that she doesn’t smell anything like the coastline or dusty canyons of Loess. “I don’t usually share this place but I guess I can make an exception.” He says behind her, the gold flecks in his dark eye glimmering brightly as he teases her but not unkindly.

Ledger

@[Brassa]
    Welcome!!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm a classy girl with intrepid taste; Joining - by Ledger - 06-13-2021, 12:55 AM