• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Anubias

Anubias’ green eyes dance when Cheri laughs at his question about turning into a cactus, and he grins - feeling rather proud of himself to have gotten that reaction from her. He was picturing a cactus shaped into Cheri, right down to a few smaller branches forming the crystals that crowned her head. When she asks if it would be terrible, he only gives it a moments thought before saying “I think it would be fun for the first day and then very boring unless you were a cactus that could move. That would be pretty great. You could pretend you were a normal cactus and then move as someone walked by.”

When the question is turned on him, the metallic stallion wishes he had something more exciting to tell Cheri. That he had filled his days with adventures that he could spin for her now. 

Truthfully, his life had been pretty calm still - which suited him. He didn’t think it was boring personally but he wondered if it would sound boring to someone who was wrapped up in the world of kingdoms and herds. And he's very much keen on not being boring for Cheri.

There was, however, one thing that had been new - and his pale eyes light up a bit to think of it. “Well I’ve been sleeping a lot because I’ve got this super cool new power where I can shape dreams and do whatever I can think of in them. So Creature and I do a lot of running around trying to tire ourselves out and then I can take her into the dream and…” Anubias pauses for a breath and realizes that maybe this isn’t as interesting for Cheri as it is for him. His ears flick back momentarily and he gives her a bashful look. It was strange, probably, that he spent so much time in the dream world instead of here, with his hooves on the ground. For such a friendly boy, he was not prone to being very social - not unless he ran into them or accidentally took them into his dream.

“Is that a silly way to spend my time? You’re my friend so you gotta tell me the truth.” And then his smile brightens once more with delight when he adds “We could actually transform into cactuses in that dream place.”

@[Cheri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Anubias - by Anubias - 06-15-2021, 08:48 AM