• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is going to bring me clarity

It all happens so fast.

One moment, Bolder is wandering beneath the Sequoias and wondering what to do with the rest of his day (while practicing darkening his chestnut coat to match the deep shadows and then brightening with the sun). His father has gone back to the Isle and so goes the hope that another visit to Hyaline will happen soon. It is almost always the same with his sire. There is always something else he must do first and then whatever comes after steals the rest of his time.

And then there is none left to travel to Hyaline.

The yearling pegasus has been told not to go on his own. He's still too young to venture that far (or so Nashua has said). And that his Aunt Mazikeen is the Alpha of the entire East; he has been reminded that she will be busy raising a family of her own as well as ruling a kingdom. But he still wishes to go. It's often in his young mind and today - as if brought there by Magic - his wish is granted. It isn't quite the white mare (or pastel-colored feline or black-and-brown beast) that he remembers but Bolder suddenly sees her glowing horns and smiles enthusiastically.

"Maze!" her former pupil chimes in greeting, moving into a high-stepping trot to meet the pair. When he comes to stop in front of them, his silver gaze moves to the lion beside her. Another shifter, he wonders? Having never seen that kind of animal before, he studies the feline creature until his eyes widen at the mention of coming back to Hyaline to practice his shifting again. "Really?" he suddenly asks, because all he has heard from Nashua is no.

It seems like just thinking of his sire brings his other Uncle - Yanhua - who had, until recently, been a constant presence in the Redwoods. His unkempt mane and the chicken roosting between his horns make the youth concerned and the striped boy looks over his shoulder to see his Aunt Amarine in quick pursuit of her mate and then, finally, his mother. It's her that Bolder goes to reassure first. "Nah, Ma. It's okay." He then looks to his Aunt Ama, "This is Aunt Mazikeen and Uncle Gale." says the boy who has been raised by a large family that has shown him nothing but love and  affection.

He looks back at Maze to smile again, as if to bridge the two small groups that had formed and he glances up to other Uncle, "Like Uncle Yan." Bolder chirps again and looks back to the pair from Hyaline, "though I don't think he has horns or a beard."

[Image: 37477440_mkk7ul7XODhpdJ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
    this is going to bring me clarity - by Gale - 06-24-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity - by Yanhua - 06-25-2021, 09:03 AM
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity - by Noel - 06-25-2021, 10:01 AM
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity - by bolder - 06-26-2021, 02:14 PM
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity - by Leah - 07-02-2021, 09:45 AM
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity - by Gale - 07-02-2021, 01:01 PM