• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  my bad habits lead to late nights

YOU'RE ONLY AS SICK AS YOUR SECRETS

With the last days of autumn fading behind them, Aela was confident in the timing of her return. She hadn't been completely absent from the Pampas and the Seneschal had spoken with Obscene from time to time, always pressing kiss back into handsome onyx of his cheek. The lithe palomino had always promised him later; she had just wanted to make sure that the 'later' had no consequences that required an extra mouth to feed.

Part of her had some hope that he might do some conspiring of his own. That perhaps she had spent enough time in his company that her ambition might have fueled something in him. But Aela can smell the sex and the women and the nectar on his skin and a few glimpses confirm how he has chosen to pass their time apart. The women don't rouse any sense of jealousy. If there is any emotion that is Aela's, it is the disappointment that he has spent his time languishing like a wastrel instead of taking command of the title of Prince that he has styled himself as.

There is a dullness to his senses, something she blames on the nectar and not Obscene. The black-and-gold stallion is usually able to match her quip for quip.

And then all the other thoughts flood her mind, bringing an awareness to the situation that she hadn't realized. Aela takes a graceful step towards him, trying to share her own sense of clarity with him. "If I really thought you believed that, I might be offended." She tells the Prince. Aela knew she was perfectly capable of handling situations on her own (her recent encounter with Gale seemed proof of that) and there was too much for her to accomplish for her to just simply die. She had come so far in these last few months with his help - laying out the start of kindling that could spark all across Beqanna - and Aela wouldn't let a little thing like death deter her. That smile curves (along with the rest of her) prettily as she tilts her head to peer up at Obscene, "You're upset with me."

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    my bad habits lead to late nights - by Aela - 06-26-2021, 08:47 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to late nights - by Aela - 06-27-2021, 08:28 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to late nights - by Aela - 07-04-2021, 09:01 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to late nights - by Aela - 07-05-2021, 04:21 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to late nights - by Aela - 07-14-2021, 04:28 PM