• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  my bad habits lead to late nights
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    He still refuses to look at her as she steps closer, keeping his red eyes trained on the leaf, hard and cold, as if he might drain it of every last drop of vitality with his stare alone. It was not as if Aela hadn’t discovered early on that he could be a sulky Prince. Prone to brooding when things weren’t going his way. It was mostly because he doesn’t like being clueless in the face of a  puzzle, doesn’t like not being able to fully understand or control something. It makes him feel too much like that lost lonely mortal boy he had once been. That he deep down still is.

“You know I speak nothing but truth.” He growls softly but even he is aware of how much his tone lacks bite. If she is disappointed in him then he is glad for it. It would be better if she was, if she found him so lacking in character and ambition that she would just leave now. He wouldn’t stop her if she did. He wouldn’t chase her down and wouldn’t plead for her to stay. But if she does not leave… if she comes back this time and stays…  
    He would never let her go.

“You’re upset with me.” And since he cannot lie, he says nothing.

He is quiet for awhile, letting his gaze move further out beyond the dying limbs to the open meadows of wildflowers that waited for their seasonal death. “It would help to know where you are going. Imagine how it would look if my Seneschal had gotten herself captured.” He finally starts, pauses before continuing quietly, “Or worse.”

He finally looks back to her and runs his eyes along the curves of her face that he has gotten to know so well. Did it hurt her? To smell the other women mixed with his earthy but floral scent? She doesn’t seemed fazed in the slightest as she sidles up to him with that ever coy smile. A new resentment lodges itself around the withered heart that had crumbled its stoney exterior awhile ago, finding that those walls were not enough to keep out the hurt and pain and doubt that plagued him so often. The fire fails him too for however much he tries to look at Aela and make himself dislike something about her, he finds that he cannot.

He’s not sure if this is better or worse then the blazing hatred he feels for Cheri.

There is not a speck of blood or even a tiny scratch on her pristine body which he looks over now in reluctant appreciation. Nothing that gave away the trauma she had befallen, his failure to protect her. She seems only slightly travel worn and nothing more but there are several scents mingling with her own, some he recognizes and some he does not. His irritation returns and he cannot hold himself back from her any longer.

His muzzle possessively runs along the gilded curve of her svelte neck, placing a sharp nip where sensitive nerves were hidden beneath the golden fur of her neck. “If you’ve grown tired of our time together you need only tell me. It’s not as if we belong to each other.” He murmurs into the warmth of her, lingering close to the arch of her neck to better hide his expression. He has a feeling that he can assume her answer and he can’t seem to find the courage to tell her that he hopes that’s not the case. That if he could tie himself to someone it would be her and only her. But he knows deep down that she will never ask.

obscene

@Aela
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    my bad habits lead to late nights - by Aela - 06-26-2021, 08:47 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to late nights - by Aela - 06-27-2021, 08:28 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to late nights - by Obscene - 06-27-2021, 09:16 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to late nights - by Aela - 07-04-2021, 09:01 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to late nights - by Aela - 07-05-2021, 04:21 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to late nights - by Aela - 07-14-2021, 04:28 PM