• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You pray to stars that can help you get by [Any]
    Leilan
    He is studying the veil, on the Beach, when the mental warning bell sounds. The tie he has with Ciri is only a loose one, not at all as familiar as a blood bond nor as ancient and ever-present as the one with Nashua or Yanhua - even though the latter is fickle lately. The star mare’s pain and panic are too short for him to localize and react to, and are then gone for a while which, sadly, takes away the necessity of speed.

The gyrfalcon is first to arrive, landing on the mare’s poll and staring down any and all visitors, including the hippogryph who comes their way. Toski screeches softly, but leaves his place on Ciri’s head as Leilan appears, the magician now drawn in by the scent of blood and the life that still is in Ciri. Catching the bay and grey mare’s last words, he chuckles to himself as he greets her. ”Ah, Poppy, I was wondering where you’d been hanging lately.” Nevertheless he does interfere- depending on how persistent Manikin is in touching Ciri, she might or might not notice. Magic becomes a barrier, not unlike Leilan’s very first trait in Beqanna; a frost aura that could potentially cause a frostbite on her leg if she lingers too long, or persists in her approach, now surrounds Ciri as if it were her own aura. If she’s smart enough, perhaps Manikin would know not to push her luck with the memories, too, but Leilan is okay with the wait and see approach. It’s not like it couldn’t be undone; in fact he studies the magic and the way it works for a short while. It could be useful later.

He regards the pair and makes a shrugging motion with his shoulder. ”Sorry, but I think I have a leg up on you on the healing part. Besides, she’s my friend.” He says it casually, but he thinks she knows predator from prey, so he doesn’t expect too much difficulty from the hippogryph. She’s too clever - clever enough to use her mother’s name, even. Too bad he already knew the real owner of the name.
    no more counting dollars
    we’ll be counting stars

@Ciri @Manikin
    Let’s make her into an ice pirate, arr
    Sorry it may be garbage but I wanted to out something up
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You pray to stars that can help you get by [Any] - by Leilan - 06-29-2021, 02:46 PM