• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i think i could live in it | mazikeen

He is quiet for so long after her question that she does not expect an answer and she doesn’t mind. She had just been marvelling at him, and she takes the extended silence to admire him further - and when the need in her matches the one in him she enjoys the way he changes the subject.

No nap punctuates this round and she lies there with a satisfied smile, watching him as he caresses her and finally answers that question. It takes a moment for her mind to focus on what he’s saying, to emerge from the pleasant haze of lust that does not seem to have an end with him. She’s glad she does focus, though, because it’s both interesting and good information to have. Mazikeen doubts it will ever aid her in making a move against him, but it means something to have an idea of his weaknesses.

Before she can ask anything else on that subject he mentions their son again, shows her where the boy will be. Her mind begins to toss around ideas, whether they'll be able to approach him easily enough or if he will be cautious after what happened with Sickle. Perhaps now is the time for her to turn into Wishbone.

It is his grumbling stomach that interrupts her thoughts this time, and a smaller rumble from her own seems to rise up in answer. Gale's sweetly-spoken question should enrage her, but Mazikeen just laughs softly, wondering if he is right. If neither of them would put up a fight. The panther would on their behalf, but the angels themselves? It is hard to say. “Not these ones, but maybe we can find one or two outside Hyaline.” She suggests with a wicked grin. And like the snow leopards and her mother, Mazikeen is curious whether hunting a strange angel would feel like hunting her friends.

She stands then, feeling certain that if they don’t move they’ll end up eating each other (which would be more inconvenient than anything else). “Did you take anything from the stallion we hunted?” Mazikeen asks, curious - her mind still working on a plan for Malik, hoping to delay or avoid entirely the suggestion of turning into the purple mare. Although she is sure in Gale's desire being focused only on herself, it would still feel like losing to actually make that shift.

m a z i k e e n .

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i think i could live in it | mazikeen - by Gale - 07-04-2021, 02:49 PM
    RE: i think i could live in it | mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 07-05-2021, 07:36 AM