• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i think i could live in it | mazikeen

Mazikeen thinks he’s going to take her again until she realizes a hind paw has drawn up above her belly. A strange version of anticipation and confusion floods her when he withdraws instead of moving further and averts his eyes - only looking back at her when she asks her question. She ignores his question for now, and how much she likes hearing him call her his queen, focused only on how that paw is flexing its claws into her skin.

But then he is kissing her again, her heart racing as his mouth moves down her body and there’s that purr the trail of it brings from her as the confusion fades. Will he tear into her, devour her intoxicating flesh and give her a chance to do the same with his before she dies?

As much of a death as she can have before she is reborn again, thanks to him.

His gift makes her sense of self-preservation a little fuzzy and she almost finds herself wishing to feel his teeth in her, finishing the job his claws started, when he leaves. Her upper lip curls back in a disappointed grimace before she rolls over onto her stomach and stands. Despite everything that’s already happened this morning, she feels the sting of rejection.

And yet… if she didn’t know any better, she’d think he didn’t want to hurt her.

Mazikeen’s quiet for a moment, considering, and does not immediately move to join him. When she speaks, she doesn’t point out that he’s being so confusing she’d like to shove him off a mountain. Instead, she answers his question. “I didn’t have anyone in particular in mind,” She explains casually. “I just… wondered what it would be like to pick someone out of the crowd and watch as you ate them.” It’s true, but she says it hoping to see whichever version of his smile he might decide to give her. Something other than… whatever is happening now.

They both need to eat, she reminds herself. Maybe that’s all this is.

“We could go back to Islandres.” She suggests, moving now to join him - brushing her shoulder lightly against his but making no other contact. It is meant to be a comforting, friendly gesture - as though they were just any couple. Her gaze out on the snow-flecked landscape ahead of them instead of on him. “Or the Cove even, it’s a little closer and it’s warmer than Hyaline in the winter.” She'd prefer if they hunted their own kind further away from their home but the island, for all its delightful tropical comforts, may be too far.

m a z i k e e n .

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i think i could live in it | mazikeen - by Gale - 07-04-2021, 02:49 PM
    RE: i think i could live in it | mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 07-05-2021, 05:09 PM