• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i just want to hold you close to me

His laugh sends something pleasant through her and she is grinning as well, thinking of those eighteen children and the army that they’d create. Maybe eighteen was a bit of an exaggeration but at the very least they would enjoy the making of those eighteen.

And then maybe adopt and steal as a shortcut to get there.

Her fury bleeds back out of her, curling back into the pit of her stomach where it will wait, as he presses kisses along her spine, as heat grows in those touches and the words he tells her. The tension caused by thoughts of a future without him eases out of her and she feels excitement and anticipation return to her, the fire and shadows inside of her responding with delight to the promise of more. “Good.” She presses this single word back into him, filled with a heat of her own.

But she eases away from him instead of pressing for more just yet - her red-orange eyes dancing in the moonlight. There is no point in asking him if he has particular plans because she does not truly care or need to know, not right now.

Mazikeen will be there beside him through it all. Her tethers to the others in her life are fraying, and compared to what she feels for Gale? They are insubstantial as ghosts.

She doesn't doubt that those heated kisses could have led to more charred earth here but she thinks back to his thoughts of the deer she had already harassed once this evening, the challenge they'd give them. She shifts into a dark lioness, keeping the horns so she is all black and vivid orange in the night.

“Now, I believe you were thinking of a hunt?”

art by nikkayla

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-22-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-23-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 06:08 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 07:10 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-26-2021, 10:07 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-28-2021, 06:37 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Mazikeen - 07-28-2021, 09:13 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 06:52 AM