• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i was looking for a way out
    mazikeen
    Her restlessness comes in waves, mulled by Gale’s presence most days but fuelled by him on others. Not because she is growing tired of his presence but because she wants more for them than the near-domestic life that has stretched between them since the winter. Hyaline is quiet and peaceful as ever, but this no longer soothes Mazikeen. It bothers her, bores her even, and though she thinks of slipping out of the mountainous region to cause trouble on her own she’d prefer to have Gale with her.

So she searches for him, checking a few of the usual spots as the sun sets, and she is on the way to another when she emerges from the treeline to find him.

Her smile is instant and there is no hesitation at all now as she moves towards him. In her periphery, she registers their son, but her red-orange eyes remain fixed on Gale. She is wearing a prehistoric skin today, that of a hemicyon, hovering somewhere between a bear and a wolf, and her grin grows to watch it become mirrored in iridescent navy. “I’ll never get tired of this.” She breathes these words against his fur as she presses herself into him, reacquainting herself with the already very familiar feel of his body. ‘This’ being seeing him walk towards her with a grin and the thrill his presence inspires. How they shift to match one another. They are a set and Mazikeen may be unsure of what else she wants but she knows this is her foundation.

“It’s going to be a beautiful night.” She comments as she pulls back enough to look into his brilliant eyes and when she catches glimpses of tired thoughts she remembers what he had said once about how being with her made him weaker - that they had too much fun. So maybe there is a way to banish her restlessness and feed strength back into him all at the same time. “What do you say we make it be someone’s last?”

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 10:01 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-31-2021, 11:15 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 12:01 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-01-2021, 05:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-03-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-03-2021, 01:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-04-2021, 07:09 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-05-2021, 08:13 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-09-2021, 08:23 AM