• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when I'm losing my control, the city spins around

In Taiga, Bolder had never felt brave enough to shift. But in Hyaline? The yearling has been trying on several types of shapes, trailing Mazikeen when he can and hoping one day that he might have the same kind of ease when it comes to transforming from one animal to another. She makes it look so effortless while he still has to concentrate so hard on what skin he wants to wear.

But he's done it more in Hyaline than he has ever done before.

The moon-marked pegasus turns his head to regard his Uncle as the iridescent blue raven settles on his withers. What Gale asks him is tempting because it is exactly the kind of thing that he has been practicing. He wants to be as good as shifter as Maze - as Gale - one day and to have his Uncle take such a direct interest in him makes the youth hum with excitement. His copper ears flick forward to the raven on his shoulders and Bolder flares his wings as the bird leaps to a nearby rock. He doesn't know if his Uncle means now or later, but he focuses his mind on the image of a red-tail hawk. The shift isn't skilled or as quick as either of his shifter relatives but soon Bolder takes to the air as a raptor and settles atop the boulder, looking down towards Gale.

"Maybe I could shift into a fish," he adds, eager to practice more.  He flaps his speckled wings excitedly before settling down again. His feathers start to change color - moving from a sienna brown to an auburn shade - while the youth attempts to stay still. "Have you always been able to shift?" he squawks, suddenly curious to know, and tilts his avian head towards the other bird.

@Gale

[Image: 37477440_mkk7ul7XODhpdJ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when I'm losing my control, the city spins around - by bolder - 08-01-2021, 08:04 PM