• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the girl, she's hiding horns; any

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

Once she had been the Heart of Hyaline, when it had been a sanctuary for lost children and those who didn’t quite fit anywhere else. Horses like her that were born unusual, strange. Beautiful unique misfits, each and every one of them. She doesn’t see the awkwardness in Lo’s speech, she only sees the beauty in her directness. Appreciates her for being unapologetically herself and nothing more, not hiding behind a false persona or trying to be something she is not.

Ciri thinks those are the types that are most reliable in the end and that Lo is wrong about not being a good family member. That she wouldn’t mind discovering that for herself. The words almost make it out into the open but then everything seems to get muddled and confused. She mistakes the winged mare’s dash as an attempt to escape and perhaps she should have let her go. But something grips at her heart and drives her to chase behind her, to catch up to her, to brace herself against her until they tumble against each other and then there is nothing but darkness as those large wings blot out the sinking sun that’s already dimming over the horizon.

It is instinctive reflex that makes her call down the stars and they fall around the pair in a weak shimmering shield of thin nebulas and spiraling galaxies, the remaining sun in the sky weakening her hold to the heavens above. She had closed her eyes when bracing for impact and she slowly opens them to find the brilliant wide darkness of Lo gazing directly at her. Becomes hyper aware of how close her muzzle is to hers when she drops it from her neck and the way their breath mingles together in the makeshift tent of cream and feathers. “Lo….” She starts, hesitates.

And then remembers that she has somewhere she needs to be. “Shit!” She suddenly exclaims, her own silvery gaze widening in sudden shock and frustration at how she had lost track of the time. Tonight was her meeting with Gale, the one he had sworn he had seen in the fortune telling deity he had acquired for Hyaline. She still wasn’t sure if he had been joking but she didn’t want to disappoint him, had been looking forward to letting him know how she had settled in the Isle and the added bonus of his brothers rise to the throne. “I have to go. I forgot I'm suppose to meet a friend.” She says with agitation, tinged with regret. She hadn’t expected this, to meet someone like her today. If it was anyone else she might have considered blowing off her plans… But this was Gale. She wouldn’t keep him waiting. And she selfishly wanted to keep Lo to herself, just a little longer until she could figure out what exactly this mare was all about.

“Come find me on the Isle. Please. I promise I will still show you the stars.” She whispers softly. And then before she can lose her nerve she bumps her muzzle against Lo’s, lingers just long enough that she hopes the other might sense the invisible question that had been asked in that touch. And then she pulls herself free from her feathered embrace and dashes back from which they had come, leaving only glittering stardust in her wake.

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Leokadia

Messages In This Thread
    the girl, she's hiding horns; any - by Leokadia - 06-06-2021, 07:44 PM
    RE: the girl, she's hiding horns; any - by Ciri - 06-09-2021, 03:57 PM
    RE: the girl, she's hiding horns; any - by Ciri - 06-26-2021, 04:17 PM
    RE: the girl, she's hiding horns; any - by Ciri - 07-28-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: the girl, she's hiding horns; any - by Ciri - 07-31-2021, 09:11 PM
    RE: the girl, she's hiding horns; any - by Ciri - 08-08-2021, 11:49 PM
    RE: the girl, she's hiding horns; any - by Ciri - 08-09-2021, 02:15 AM
    RE: the girl, she's hiding horns; any - by Ciri - 08-10-2021, 12:50 AM