• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I hate you because I think of you

a bright and dangerous spark

Someday, she believed. There was still the fearful desire to try. A few hundred yards away the quiet, dense forest beckoned at the edges of Cheri’s vision. She imagined herself tugging on that string, pulling Obscene by pure tension toward the dark embraces of a private little hollow. Stealing away his time with whispered, callous compliments. Making him smile because she could, making him like it. Cheri’s eyes saw the possibilities spin out like golden stars over a black fur pelt, and she blinked them away in the dazzling light of a sinking evening sun.

“Missing. Gone?” She turned away from temptation born of horseflesh, choosing not to disrespect the memories of Targaryen with the current, conflicting desires of Obscene. The two never mixed well. “I started my hiatus hoping to find him.” Cheri began to explain. “But ended it believing he doesn’t want to be found.”

If that weren’t the case, Cheri was certain Targaryen would have come back by now. He would’ve popped up in Loess or Taiga after a while, but as the months passed and her journey through the deeper, darker parts of herself and the forbidden woods came to an end, Cheri knew he was gone. Just gone. No explanation or reason why, no goodbyes or heartfelt messages left with a family member.

Her first true love had disappeared without a trace, and Cheri could not forgive the absence. Yenny had wounded her. If he ever showed up again, she wasn’t quite certain how she’d take the arrival.

“You haven’t caught wind of him recently, have you?” Cheri asked Obscene anyways, unaware that the two had already met. If the black Fae was hoping to catch a bit of sympathy or longing in her voice at the question, he wouldn’t hear it. The request was mostly habit, not really a concern of hers any longer.
    Full-sized image link

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    I hate you because I think of you - by Obscene - 07-28-2021, 08:48 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 04:46 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 10:59 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 05:43 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 11:20 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 01:08 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 02:15 PM