• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I hate you because I think of you
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me

If she had tugged him, he would have been unable to resist. Despite the tethers that hold him to another, he knows that all it would take is the crook of her finger and the unspoken promises behind it and none of it would even matter. It wouldn't matter if it was all a fallacy or not. The talk of Targaryen is enough to squash those blossoming images in both their heads and he can’t help but study her face with open curiosity as she speaks of the missing stallion. His brow furrows as he scans her, confused by the lack of sadness he finds there. Did she not care that he had disappeared? Or did she have her own set of scales that she hid behind when things had not gone her way?

His knowing grin had been sustained from that very meeting she was unaware of, when he had pieced together just who Prayers was. When the dots had connected. He vaguely recalls the conversation he had with the strange painted man and the corner of his lip flickers into a hint of a frown. As he debates on what exactly he wants to share, if he wants to share at all. Now the Wisp brushes gently against his ear, glowing brighter in the growing dusk, reminding him of its presence. He is quiet for awhile as he converses with his bound companion. “Tell her.” It whispers, sounding excited. His frown only deepens as he considers the orb that comes to hover over the tip of his muzzle and sends the faceted gold along his face to glitter brilliantly beneath its light. “Why?” He asks Light plainly, trying to sort out what his Wisp would get from the truth. ”Trust.” is all it says before it twirls around Cheri. Brushing it’s transparent lit body against the crystals along her forehead with a gentle tinkling sound before it darts into the oncoming darkness to hover over the surface of one of the smaller streams that cuts through the meadow.

The Wisp was a lover of pranks and tricks, like he. It also seemed to feed off emotion, mostly pain and grief and fear he has come to find. And at times it guided him with a sense of wisdom that he doesn’t always have himself. So which is it this time that inspires Light to speak up? Wisdom? Or was he on the hunt for a feeding frenzy?

His simmering gaze lands back on Cheri and he chooses his words carefully, unable to look away from he comes to a decision. As he looks for any small gesture of heartbreak that his words might bring. “Once. Awhile ago by the river.” He hesitates, still unsure of what he was doing. “He mentioned something about losing track of time. Forgetting.” Here his stare breaks as he glances away, the smirk lifting those turned down corners of his lips as he reflects on that conversation. “Have you heard of this happening before?" he had asked of the Dark Fae. Yes, all too well, yes.

There is a peculiar need in him though that needs to know, that needs to find out if she was upset. And if she was, if she truly loved this soft sad boy of hers… If she was trying to find him. “If I see him, I’ll send him your way.” He says nonchalantly, as if it wouldn’t cost him anything at all. “Do you miss him?” He finds himself asking even though he’s sure he doesn’t really want to hear the answer. 

A dark idea takes root in his brain and his red eyes flash suddenly in warning as he looks to her once more, his tone much more serious than it had been before. “He could be in Hyaline..” He says quietly, his gaze severe as he gazes down at her. Wondering just how much of those rumors she had heard coming from the East in her absence, rumors that he had seen up close and personal. “But I wouldn’t recommend going there.” He pauses but he knows Cheri, how headstrong and stubborn she can be. And with a flash of irritation with both himself and her and all the other things he can’t control, his tone changes into something more demanding. More like a command which he is sure she will bristle against but he can’t help but give it regardless. “Stay away from Hyaline. And Gale.”

obscene

@Cheri
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I hate you because I think of you - by Obscene - 07-28-2021, 08:48 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 04:46 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 10:59 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 05:43 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 11:20 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 01:08 PM