• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  If I can't be better than them, I'll become much worse
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Left with only the basest of magics, Gale is unable to draw much from the mind of the black stallion. Perhaps it is some ability of the Fae as well, he thinks with a deepening frown. The situation is more volatile than he had expected, and the shadows within his chest whisper soft reminders of self-preservation.

They are quieted by the image of a black mare with eyes greener than his had ever been, and crystalline skin not unlike that of the mare who’d tried to intervene in Bolder’s relocation.

Another niece?
    He hadn’t known about this one.

Perhaps she would like to spend time with a younger cousin?

“A deal?” He repeats, but his mind is clearly elsewhere. Would the Prince’s eyes go redder if they witnessed Aela and Cheri flayed open? Someday, perhaps, Gale will learn, and a smile begins to return at the thought.

“Queen Wishbone of Tephra stole my children.” He says mildly, as though he comments on the weather. “My son has returned but she still has my daughter. If you can bring Sickle back, I’ll consider that proof you’re trustworthy enough to deal with.”

With any luck at all, Wishbone will destroy Obscene the moment he tries, mistaking him for Gale in disguise. He is eager for the other horse to be gone, to be alone in his home so he might maim something that will not fight back as much as he is sure the Prince would.

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If I can't be better than them, I'll become much worse - by Gale - 08-13-2021, 02:30 PM