• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  that’s my cross to bear

Perhaps it is because of her recent trip to Tephra.
    Perhaps it is because that Obscene is nearby, trying to ignore this new rift between them, and it leaves an opening in Aela's dreams.

Perhaps it because, as much as Aela would like to think that she can command her emotions like she might an army, they are much like their keeper. They are strong and defiant; even if Aela can reduce her own feelings to embers, they have a power to return as an inferno. And they come blazing to life now, while she rests in a field of wildflowers. The flames raze everything, reducing the territory to ash in her mind.

But no matter how much Aela burns, she never finds him.
    The only trace of Skandar she finds is in the angry-red coals on the Pampas grounds, a pale memory, but even they grow dark and dim. If he is not here, she thinks, he must be in Tephra. She offers the trees of Sylva as kindling in her search, and the burning forest of Beqanna becomes a literal one. A beacon guiding her way to the West. Aela's fires engulf the other Loessian territory, until she arrives at the Tephran border and so goes the jungle. The vibrant greens and vivid flowers are swallowed by the maelstrom, until her blue eyes fixate on the one place she hasn't searched.

The volcano.

There is an anger simmering in the air - something more than the red-orange auras of her fire - and the palomino turns her head, sensing the horse near rather than seeing it. A stirring of powerful emotions that cause her fires to die and the world to go dark, like the Eclipse. She can feel her flames, waiting to be beckoned, but if this is the Endless Night again, then there could be monsters. The obscurity brings another thought. If there are monsters, then there could be Skandar.

It isn't the star-marked stallion she finds shining in the dark, though there are stars dancing around him. Aela steps into his light and her blue eyes turn navy, as they darken with suspicion. She eyes the starshine that glints off his broad golden horn and asks, "Did you put out my fires?"

They doused your soul in water,
    but the flames raged higher.
    And they called you devil's daughter,
    such a pretty liar.

@lannister because a bunch of emotions in the dreamscape sounded like a terribly wonderful idea

Messages In This Thread
    that’s my cross to bear - by lannister - 08-23-2021, 08:45 AM
    RE: that’s my cross to bear - by Aela - 08-23-2021, 09:30 PM
    RE: that’s my cross to bear - by lannister - 09-05-2021, 04:43 PM
    RE: that’s my cross to bear - by Aela - 09-08-2021, 06:06 PM
    RE: that’s my cross to bear - by lannister - 09-09-2021, 05:01 PM
    RE: that’s my cross to bear - by Aela - 09-22-2021, 05:38 PM
    RE: that’s my cross to bear - by lannister - 09-26-2021, 08:15 PM
    RE: that’s my cross to bear - by Aela - 10-07-2021, 12:02 PM