• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  from eden
    Liet is watching the smokey nereid with eyes full of wonder and curiosity. She blinks once, then twice—then glances down at her newly acquired fins and scales. A small haze covers her mind as the effects of such magic settle into her muscles. “Lovely,” she parrots, not quite ready to look back up but once again surprised by the pleasant gentleness of her voice.

“Well, I am—” Liet begins, but stops short when she looks up and finds delight in Moira’s eyes. The other nereid accepts Liet so quickly that she almost believes she is one, for just a moment. A soft, dazzled smile splits the shifter’s face and she leans closer to study Moira’s own glittering scales. She longs to be where she might belong, and a lie slips out far too easily:

“I’ve always preferred the cold water, I stay by the oceans in Nerine.”

Liet smiles, warming beneath Moira’s approval. She dares to swim a little downstream, hoping her movements looked more fluid and practiced than they felt.

“My name is Liet. I’ve yet to visit the Ischian reefs. What are they like?”

@Moira

Messages In This Thread
    from eden - by liet - 06-23-2021, 01:34 PM
    in which she meets Liet - by Moira - 06-30-2021, 02:16 PM
    RE: from eden - by liet - 08-24-2021, 05:21 PM
    RE: from eden - by Moira - 08-24-2021, 07:22 PM
    RE: from eden - by liet - 08-31-2021, 04:08 PM
    RE: from eden - by Moira - 09-01-2021, 02:07 PM
    RE: from eden - by liet - 09-09-2021, 12:34 PM
    RE: from eden - by Moira - 09-19-2021, 06:43 PM