• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I feel you in my bones, shiver up my spine; any
    Darkling

He laughs at her words, the sound a low, husky thing that rumbles pleasantly through his chest. There is an almost sinful quality to the sound, one that seems to emanate through every hair follicle on his body. She teases and taunts, and he responds because he is a stallion and she is a very pretty mare.

Even so, to imagine him without wiles of his own would be a dangerous mistake.

It’s almost kismet, the two of them (each with the names that match far better than they should) meeting like this. If Darkling genuinely believed in such things, he might have been swept off his feet by the very notion. But he does not, and so he revels in the flirtation that is far more reciprocal than she seems to realize.

“Perhaps I do not wish to be spared,” he rumbles, his low voice nearly a purr in his throat. His shadowed eyes are devilish and inviting, as though begging her to do all that she had dared. And maybe he is. He loves a good seduction as much as the next red-blooded male. So he repeats her name as she had so prettily asked, the two simple syllables husky as they languish on his lips. “Desire.”

He moves closer, the shadow creature clinging to his neck pulling itself farther up until it settles upon his withers in eerie silence. Another creature, this one a large cat that moves with sensual grace, emerges from behind the galaxy-strewn mare. It twines briefly around her slender limbs before reaching Darkling, large head rubbing against his shoulder before turning to stare unblinkingly at Desire.

The golden unicorn’s dark eyes gleam as they watch his lovely companion.

“I was born here,” he finally replies, answering the question she had asked. “My father was king here once, and my mother queen,” he continues, answering the ones she hadn’t asked. A small, taunting smile toys with the corners of his lips. “But that is not why I chose Pangea.”

you're burning up the sky, you're a constellation
    I think that I could die for this revelation

@Desire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel you in my bones, shiver up my spine; any - by Darkling - 09-03-2021, 10:54 AM