• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This could be heaven or this could be hell

now i don't know who i've become
    and another day breathes
    tearing at the seams
    and i hope i don't come undone

Her green eyed stare is unwavering. After initial considerations of abandoning her path and taking to the sky she chooses instead to stand her ground and watch him. His wings rustle, her own twitch reflexively. She could just keep moving, and almost does, lifting a white and gold extremity only to pause with the limb hovering in the grass before her. Can I help you?

This seems to be the question to ask solitary girls with irritation in their eyes and golden freckles glittering across their skin. Setting the suspended hoof down heavily into the thatch beneath her feet Aloy wills herself to engage with the haloed stallion, reasoning that she interrupted him just as much as he did her.

“No.” The short roebuck horns that crown her head grow and change into more forward whitetail antlers, casting long shadows across her features. “I didn’t mean to interrupt you, if you’ll excuse me.” Tipping her chin down toward her chestnut neck Aloy considers a new path away from him, looking for a gathering of strangers to surreptitiously join. There are a few potential knots of horses not far away and when she marks their locations she glances back to the curious blue-black stranger and forces herself to linger after all. “I’m Aloy.”

Aloy

@Cross

Messages In This Thread
    RE: This could be heaven or this could be hell - by Aloy - 09-05-2021, 02:58 PM