• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could not hold me back

Nashua’s growl doesn’t deter Mazikeen’s belief that Sickle is here - and she both grins and burns a little brighter in response to his words. Yes, she had taken Bolder - but it had been his son’s decision to stay.

And she watches with further delight to see the way her words land, the heaving of his sides and the grief and anger in his eyes. Mazikeen wants him to hurt and she knows there are so many ways to make that happen, bloody and not. All of the options will keep the wildfire raging inside of her and maybe that will help it burn out the golden gift she had been given that is still an itch in the back of her mind.

His snapped reply stokes her own anger and it is so easy to spit a response right back, her dark beak biting at the air with the words. “I was a little fucking preoccupied, sorry I didn’t stop to hand out invitations to my own flaying.” Mazikeen’s plan to keep Gale’s attention focused on her and only her had worked well. That had been the whole point. She had not wanted Nashua to come and find them - but that did not change the fact that he did not try. Not a single one of Gale’s brothers, who had been so happy to hear he’d be living close, had crossed into Hyaline until that night when Nashua and Noel had shown up to get their son.

A whole family riddled with cowards and it only took the purging of her entire self to be able to see that clearly.

She’s about to ask about Sickle again, point out that she knew very well he hadn’t taken her but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t keeping her, when her eyes drift and she realizes Nashua is standing there without wings.

Mazikeen falls still and her voice is very quiet when she asks him “Where are your wings?” and despite the volume, there is no mistaking the shake of anger on that last word.

Because if he could change his body like Bolder had been able to do, if he could shift after all of his bullshit, she was going to tear him and then this whole forest apart and find her daughter that way.

m a z i k e e n .

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 12:30 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-06-2021, 05:27 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 06:46 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-06-2021, 07:49 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-07-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-08-2021, 11:46 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-09-2021, 09:44 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-09-2021, 10:55 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-09-2021, 02:15 PM