• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  You know I'm the one who put you up there
    No, Cheri is not like Aela. She could admit to certain similarities, but there are some things Cheri won’t do and crossing personal lines is one of them. It was easy to imagine how the golden mare, lovelier than any other flower in Obscene’s collection, might’ve said something to make Ob believe that he and the world were all one big laughing stock anyway. Cheri could even imagine herself doing it, because he had the impudence to crowd her space and try to frighten her into submission like he was used to.

And if she had - Oh, if Cheri had shown him in that moment exactly what she knew: that she wasn’t capable of being frightened anymore, especially not by him - then maybe he’d be right to think she was using him.

But she wasn’t, and she never would be Aela.

“Hey,” she murmured, giving him a minute or two to stretch his legs and put some space between them, “I sensed the tension earlier but I didn’t really respond to it well, did I?” Cheri asked. He wouldn’t have to look to see that her wickedness had smoldered into concern, it was obvious by the tone of her voice that Cheri hadn’t come here with the intention of pissing him off any further. “It was actually because I missed you,” she knew.

The timing felt off, so she didn’t say it. Instead, she told him she was sorry.

“What were you doing out here all alone?” She felt brave enough to ask afterward, turning her head out to sea as the storm rolled closer and the lightning strikes came more frequently. The wind picked up, chopping waves at the sand and tossing Cheri’s brightly-colored hair out beside her. “You looked like something heavy was on your mind.”

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You know I'm the one who put you up there - by Cheri - 09-07-2021, 02:28 PM