• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  You know I'm the one who put you up there
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    There had been a violent part of him that had hoped she would step back up to him. For all his wickedness and cruelty, he wasn’t foolish enough to think that she couldn’t hurt him if she really had a mind to. She could cut him and they would both know he had deserved it. There is a moment of familiarity where it seems she just might do so and give him the release he seeked. But then she steps back and he can see the smoldering look in her eye fade into something worse. Concern. He moves away from her with a huff of disgust but there is no missing the muscle working along his hard jaw. Or the sudden conflict in his darkening gaze when she apologizes.

There is a memory of Revelrie apologizing when he had been the one who had done wrong and how similar that is to this.

Cheri was not the object of his anger. Nor was she the one who should be saying sorry. The silence doesn’t last long when she asks what was on his mind, what he was doing by himself out here alone. For a moment he feels like erupting again but surprisingly what comes from his mouth is cool and flat and the opposite of the hungry emotions that writhe in his stomach. “I was trying to fix something.” He mostly admits although its not the entire truth, just part of it. He expels some of his frustration with a snap from the long black and gold threads of his agitated tail. What he was trying to fix remains a mystery, his list long and winding. Although a few things were falling lower and lower on the scale of importance and a few more of them, he realizes, he no longer wants to fix at all. 

“Has your magic ever failed you?” He suddenly asks her unexpectedly, turning his handsome face to her with that same strange unreadable expression, his lips pressed into a thin line as he considers her. If someone had told him he would be standing on the coast and asking Cheri of all people for answers he would have laughed in their face before finding just the right word to slice into the heart of them and make sure they never thought of speaking again. Yet here they were, standing together as if they were friends in a world that was constantly tipping the scales in and out of their favor.

He is silent when she answers, his fiery gaze still turned to the sea and it is an effort to force the truth from his thick tongue. “I have a son.” He says quietly, his voice somewhat strained beneath the thunder of it. “There was a daughter too.” And it hangs in the air around them. Was. The weight of his words bringing a cold hard mask to settle across the storm sweeping over his gilded face as he pulls the biting edges of his armor around him. As if that would keep out the grief battering against his walls. 

obscene

@Cheri
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You know I'm the one who put you up there - by Obscene - 09-07-2021, 03:06 PM