• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me to my knees; Mazikeen
    The invoked ancestor remains even when the brindle creature vanishes into the snow. She looks down at the red and white mare in the snow and the way her midsection rises - hardly noticeable - over the ancestors youngest descendent.

She’d wanted to play with this one (hence her attentive ear to Viszla’s father’s wishes), and had hoped to borrow her from her mother when she was old enough, much as she had borrowed Moira from Aquaria. But the mare is dying now, and it will take her so long to die that it will take Viszla with her.

That simply will not do.

So the invisible Djinni wishes the mare healed, and with a shimmer of golden sand, it is so. And then - though it has never done any good yet and perhaps is ineffective entirely - wishes for the woman to be more discerning with romantic partners. The granddaughter that had allowed the Curse’s stain into their family had needed such a wish as well. Perhaps it will take a few more generations tor it to kick in.

That would be alright.
    Djinni is patient.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me to my knees; Mazikeen - by Djinni - 09-08-2021, 12:59 PM