• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  lonely in the cold nights, maze
    mazikeen
    Selaphiel steps back and Mazikeen cannot resist stepping forward to keep the distance between them the same. She wants his fear instead of his affection, instead of his friendship.

She does not know why her claws continue to flex into the soil instead of his skin. Did she really still care about the rule she had set, protecting the residents hear from being hurt? When Gale had poured bits of his black soul into her had that rule bound her as well as him?

His quiet voice irritates her further and she growls at his kind words, more of her those markings cracking through her black fur, framing her eyes that darken to a deep, rich blood-red in her fury. The idea of getting her emotions back isn’t one she’s ever considered - why would she ever want such a thing? It bothers her that so much of herself has been shaped by Gale until she doesn’t even know who she is without him - she remembers how lost she had felt after biting off his head.

But time had begun to eat away even those remaining echoes of her emotions. Would she even care now if something happened to him? To any of them?

“I don’t want it back.” She flings back at Selaphiel, bristling as her sharp teeth are revealed with a snarl. “I am stronger now than I was then.” There was no doubt about that in her mind. How could she have possibly been stronger before with all that weighed her down, all that kept her stirring and restless? “So many weaknesses. So many pressure points in just your rotten family alone. I wish I never met any of you.”

@Selaphiel

Messages In This Thread
    lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Selaphiel - 08-12-2021, 02:24 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 08-15-2021, 11:16 AM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 08-25-2021, 08:56 AM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 08-31-2021, 05:31 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 09-09-2021, 01:11 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 09-10-2021, 07:01 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 09-20-2021, 08:42 AM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 09-25-2021, 02:18 PM
    RE: lonely in the cold nights, maze - by Mazikeen - 10-03-2021, 03:08 PM