• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  We can make our own damn rules and break them too
    FIRION

The frown that has haunted the corner of Firion’s mouth deepens as he listens to the boy exclaim. Whatever he had been expecting from him, that certainly wasn’t it, and he isn’t quite sure how to reply. Isn’t sure how to take the fact that the boy is so confident in his own terrible nature the it is a relief to be able to label someone else it too. So he tilts his head, curious and feeling a sense of dread.

“Who the hell told you that you were terrible?”

For all of the words that Firion has labeled himself with over the years—and there has been plenty—he cannot imagine that being one of them. At least not usually and definitely not with such enthusiasm. His preferred method of branding was darker. More pointed. Usually centered on his abandonment. His weakness. The things that haunt him at night and prowl behind him during the day.

Did he have that when he was this young?

Another frown.

He’s not sure that he did.

But the conversation continues and he lets the boy move forward into the open curiosity with fervor. “Flames are not my typical medium,” he comments and around him shadows bloom into being. They rise up like pillars from the ground, the earth trembling beneath them before they dissolve, falling like sand.

“But I could do my best to teach you what I know.”

so as our grief falls flat and hollow upon a billion blooded seas
    all our worst ideas are borrowed (you do and don't belong to me)

@Fyr

Messages In This Thread
    RE: We can make our own damn rules and break them too - by firion - 09-09-2021, 02:08 PM