• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could not hold me back

It wouldn’t surprise Mazikeen one bit that Aela had something to gain from sending her here - but it had made too much sense so of course she had to investigate. She’d spent so long being idle that it was good to have something to hunt, even if it was her own flesh and blood. But there was only so much patience left in her and if these cursed siblings wouldn’t stop jerking her around she’d be happy to end her hunt in other ways. “You’d know more about that than I would.” She tosses back, regarding the golden bird.

It would seem that being banished from the North was quite the thing to do. Who else was on that list? Mazikeen might want to befriend them, if she hadn’t already.

The griffin hisses in annoyance when Nashua turns invisible again, her eyes tracking him as best as she can following the movement of twigs and needles beneath his hooves. It’s instinct to want to track him, even though that distracts her from her purpose. If he runs, she’ll have free range of the forest and can continue her search.

Unfortunately, he does not leave her alone just yest. His reasonable, faint voice grates on Mazikeen’s ears and she bristles at his words. Work together? When he despises what she is?

It stinks like a trap. Mazikeen had been willing to trust Aela because going to Taiga had made sense but there is nothing left in her to encourage her to trust Nashua now. She just wants Sickle back, wants that thing that is hers.

Her annoyance quickly flares back into anger at the mention of a cure. “Your son doesn’t need to be cured, Nashua. And neither do I.” The words are a snarl and Mazikeen becomes a blood-red dragon, just about the size she is as a horse. The density of the forest and the limitations of her energy keep her from growing any larger but there is still plenty of damage to be done like this. Her draconic pupils narrow into slits as she sees Nashua’s heat signature and on the next exhale she breathes fire in his direction.

“Where is my daughter?!” Mazikeen bellows once the small burst of flame stops, the words rumbling through her body.

m a z i k e e n .

Messages In This Thread
    could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 12:30 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-06-2021, 05:27 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-06-2021, 06:46 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-06-2021, 07:49 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-07-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-08-2021, 11:46 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-09-2021, 09:44 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-09-2021, 10:55 AM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Mazikeen - 09-09-2021, 02:15 PM
    RE: could not hold me back - by Nashua - 09-12-2021, 09:02 PM