• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this vanity i'm breaking
    He mentions Pangea and she tilts her head to mirror the way he is holding his own when she replies with obvious curiosity. “Is that so?” She had never been to that land, though it was close to where she had been born. She knew nothing of it - had not even considered that there might be a place where she belonged that wasn’t with her siblings.

After sharing her trick, the surprise and pleasure on that single syllable of his is sweet to hear. Tirza is grinning bright when her power retreats back into herself, feeling a little refreshed for those few weeks she’s gained. Her expression is soon soured by the idea that her best trick was allshe could do. As far as she knows, that was it - there had been a little more when she had been a viper and though she does feel like there is another creature sharing her skin sometimes, she does not know that this is not how everyone feels.

His question grabs her attention away from those reflective thoughts and she is just opening her mouth to reply when she loses the ability to control her own body. She takes a step but she doesn’t mean to, it is not her that takes it.

She is panting too when she is back in control of her body, her red eyes wide with a mixture of anger and fear. Losing control of her own body, even for a split second - even to take a step that she would have willingly taken anyway - would appear to be one of Tirza’s few fears. Possibly the only one. She would let the shadows stroke her wherever they wished and she would reach out boldly to touch them in kind but this was something else entirely. Her heart pounds in her chest and rings in her ears as she stares back at him.

“Don’t ever do that again.” She snaps and for a moment, sharp canine teeth flash in her mouth as the words are spat out. An action that might be more effective if her voice did not also shake like her knees as she struggles to get herself back under control.

tirza

@draco

Messages In This Thread
    this vanity i'm breaking - by draco - 05-30-2021, 02:32 PM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by Tirza - 06-05-2021, 06:53 PM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by draco - 06-10-2021, 01:40 PM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by Tirza - 06-15-2021, 09:51 AM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by draco - 06-21-2021, 12:53 PM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by Tirza - 06-28-2021, 05:53 PM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by draco - 08-25-2021, 05:54 PM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by Tirza - 09-21-2021, 06:53 PM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by draco - 10-07-2021, 02:14 PM