• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  i leaned in and let it hurt; obscene
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    There was a time when he would love nothing more then to get stoned amongst the flowers. He still does, from time to time, but with the pressing issues coming in at all sides he has found less time for leisurely activities. He’s sure his son had seen him blitzed out of his mind and not thought twice but today he is sober and clear headed. So he doesn’t miss the bashful request on quiet words and he looks down at his boy’s sparkling face and feels that tug of regret in his chest, that reminder that he had no idea what he was doing and perhaps he wasn’t doing enough. It was hard to explain to him the unusual relationship him and Revelrie had found themselves in, that there was a reason he didn’t curl around them at night. “I’ve been busy Obsidio.” He says quietly but not unkindly. “But I will see if you’re mother might let you come stay with me for a few nights.”

He doesn’t tell his son about Gale and that there might not be many nights left for him, instead he smiles at his son and hopes that Obsidio will understand why he had done what he had done one day. For a moment he wonders if Offspring had felt this way as well and a pang of old hurt finds itself rising from the pit of his locked emotions, winding around his blackened heart. It’s easy to chase it away when Obsidio is laughing and giggling and flat out lying to him and he laughs back, a strange sound to his finely tipped ears when it holds no cruelty in it.

“Of course we can.” He says, having made it a point to clear his schedule today for him. Just in case he wouldn’t get another chance. “You have grown quite a bit haven’t you?” He says as he takes a step back and looks over the young colt. It was still hard to believe at times that this perfect child was his. There had been no signs of traits but having been born mortal himself, this meant little to him. Perhaps when his son was older he might take him to the Mountain and ask for immortality for his child, to spare another gutting loss like the one with his sister. He forces himself to not think of the girl’s eyes or her still body as he smirks at the colt. “I suppose I was learning about kingdom policies at your age…” He says as an afterthought, considering him. “How about I show you where the border of the territory runs so you know what’s ours and what will one day be yours?”

obscene

@obsidio
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i leaned in and let it hurt; obscene - by obsidio - 09-13-2021, 05:11 PM
    RE: i leaned in and let it hurt; obscene - by Obscene - 09-23-2021, 02:50 PM