• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when the land was godless and free, all tephrans
    The aqua male slides through the greenery to find the meeting. Jungle vines are an obstruction on his path, but he knows that with practise he will find the more well-worn routes beneath the volcano. The heat is humid, which makes it bearable for him; his otherwise oily fur would have set fire too easily, but in the thick green forest he finds comfort. Then there is the waterfall of course, where he would spend an eternity if he didn’t have any social cravings.

As such he had wandered and found, alas, little of the green-and-silver mare from the Field. In the time it had taken him to end up here, she had vanished and, so he deduces from the male who has called this meeting, left an empty throne without successor. Like an alpha pair, two are now taking up that task and Ahti does not envy them - though if it had been necessary he would have been able, he suspects. He’d done it before when a leader disappeared, but the politics here are new to him and he wouldn’t want to trust magic alone to help him.

A scale-marked female is also present, and for a moment she piques the water entity’s interest, but then he focuses on the leading pair. He nods to them in greeting, and when no-one seems to want to speak or ask questions, he figures he can introduce himself. ”Hello. Congratulations on your promotions.” He knows as well as any other that one’s disappearance gives another the opportunity. He hopes they’ll do well, but he doesn’t know them. His tone is therefore neutral, for he had trusted Divest’s good intentions and feels sorry she has gone. ”I’m Ahti. I spoke with Divest in the Field. Seems I’ve timed my arrival somewhat oddly.” It sounds explanatory and slightly near to an excuse for interrupting, but so be it. He looks to the two of them, his emerald gaze open and somewhat expectant. If they have questions, now seems as good a time as any.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when the land was godless and free, all tephrans - by Ahti - 10-18-2021, 04:23 AM