• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  i want the mountains to crumble

Lillibet

Lillibet spots the cheetah not long after her call echoes through the desolate canyon. He slicks around the redrock bend and into her line of sight just as he begins to morph. As expected, the act is practiced and seamless, the work of someone who finds comfort in their abilities. By the time he comes to a halt at her side, Herrin’s familiar buckskin frame - albeit with a few more feline speckles than usual - gleams in the noontime sun. She greets him with only a nod before her gold-flecked eyes return to the surrounding canyon.

A few minutes of silence pass between them, neither speaking to each other nor interrupted by the arrival of anyone else, before Herrin motions to a cave that rests halfway up a nearby cliff face. Lillibet snorts in laughter before her honeyed gaze returns to him. “I can’t wait for the day I need to ask you a question and I have to yell up the cliff to do so,” if only, she thinks, she was able to fly. But like most other traits her parents carry, such an ability had not been passed onto the youngest daughter of Oceane and Ledger.

“Did you see anyone on your way in?” She had scented a handful - maybe less - of different smells on her way through the canyon to the spot she stands now, but nothing very telling. The rumors of Pangea’s quietude were true. She thinks back to Oceane and Ledger in their roles as leaders of Loess and Sylva, knowing that the first item on their agenda would be to recruit, but Lillibet quite enjoys the quiet.

And anyway, if her parents are eventually found alive, she could leave the recruiting up to them.

“Shall we go check the cave situation out?”

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    i want the mountains to crumble - by Lillibet - 01-22-2022, 07:56 PM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Herrin - 01-23-2022, 06:55 AM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Lillibet - 01-29-2022, 05:26 PM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Herrin - 01-31-2022, 08:41 AM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Lillibet - 02-04-2022, 10:30 AM