• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I will always find you (any)

I am iron and I forge myself

Who doesn’t like it when captives play along? In spite of herself, Lagertha chuckles and grins a little. “Good choice, Killdare. They have a nasty set of teeth.” Aside from jaguars, they were the ultimate predator in the Jungle. Unless you count the innocent-looking hippo, which was incidentally more dangerous than it looked. Basically, it was better to stay on the river banks than to wade into it or try and cross it. Could it be crossed? The river was wide, and when it flooded, it roared to life with a vengeance.

A girlish voice cuts through the air, calling out Mother! and it takes her a moment before she turns to look at the smoky little girl scampering up to them. Lagertha is getting used to her constant shadow - she is very different than Dalten was; more lively and extroverted and interested in everything. Perhaps it is the psychological difference of being a boy in a woman’s world, than being a girl in a place where women were in charge. It could not have been easy for him, she knows this. He was a political child, and one that from birth was expected to rise to her own expectations. Anguisette has none of this; she is not of Lagerth’s blood (though she is slowly creeping into her heart), and was not created out of necessity. Lagertha still has much to prove, but hopefully she will no longer have to use her womb to accomplish things.

Lagertha reaches out to brush her nose against Sette’s neck, mischief in her eyes as she turns back to the Chamberling. “General, yes. But also Queen.” Surprise! After a long glance back down to her new daughter, she looks back at the Colonel and wonders if he has any clue about the truth of the child before them. “And this is my daughter, Sette.” (She does not give her whole name, just in case. “Sette, this is Killdare, from the Chamber. He is visiting for a year because Joscelin defeated him in a challenge. If Joscelin had lost, she would have had to visit the Chamber, instead.”

She’s well prepared in case Killdare says something to insinuate that Sette is not her daughter. Two options, though she’s not sure which one she will choose. Or perhaps the stallion will be ignorant of the matter, and they won’t have to talk about that.  

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

Messages In This Thread
    I will always find you (any) - by Killdare - 09-12-2015, 04:13 PM
    RE: I will always find you (any) - by Joscelin - 09-12-2015, 09:24 PM
    RE: I will always find you (any) - by Killdare - 09-13-2015, 04:45 PM
    RE: I will always find you (any) - by Lagertha - 09-13-2015, 06:56 PM
    RE: I will always find you (any) - by Killdare - 09-17-2015, 11:56 AM
    I will always find you (any) - by Anguisette - 09-17-2015, 08:12 PM
    RE: I will always find you (any) - by Lagertha - 09-18-2015, 04:37 PM
    RE: I will always find you (any) - by Killdare - 09-24-2015, 01:48 PM
    I will always find you (any) - by Anguisette - 09-25-2015, 07:48 PM