• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we could try to go back where we started
    Sickle is grateful for the suggestions that Myrna gives - sure that it’ll be better than just standing around. And she would like to see more of Hyaline, especially with a friendly face. There’s a whole collection of her family from here - more than she ever thought, and more than she even knows - and there must be something redeemable about it. It has to be the land itself - it’d be far too hurtful to think that it’s the family that she wasn’t really a part of that kept everyone here.

“Maybe a walk? Or a swim?” She glances over to the lake and then up to the sky where she can see Oceanus making lazy circles and floating along on air currents. “I don’t spend a lot of time flying, I’m not very good at doing it and talking at the same time.”

And she’d like the chance to talk.

She would be equally happy with a walk or a swim so she lets Myrna lead the way, spending on what she’d like to do, and does a little more of that talking. Maybe she’s rambling because she’s nervous - but she also feels like explaining where she’s been. And of all the things in her life - that little piece of it that was tragic for reasons unrelating to her family. “I’ve been in the forest, mostly. I’ve got a friend there - she can’t leave her pond so I like to keep her company.”
    SICKLE

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we could try to go back where we started - by Sickle - 03-13-2022, 09:49 PM