• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I’m falling under again | Aela
    It was impossible to expect any single outcome from the combination of Cheri and Aela’s magic. They couldn’t have guessed what would happen when the source of their powers connected, and most likely any wise or seasoned magic-wielder would’ve cautioned against either of them attempting it, but there’s something between them that ‘clicks’ anyways. In the midst of all the chaos, Cheri had a peculiar clarity of mind as well.

It could’ve been Aela’s strength and determination, making her the unexpected counterweight that refused to budge in the face of untempered power. Or it could’ve been Cheri’s flexibility and awareness, all her previous knowledge finally coming into play and giving her guidance. There wasn’t any way of telling; Cheri thought it was probably both of them.

One thing she knew for certain was that sometimes unexpected and wonderful things happened, if one was brave enough to risk trying.

The moment Aela commanded her to work a spell, Cheri did. It was a snap response and so the reaction was nearly instant, too: the shards of crystals embedded into her skin began to flicker with a pale white light, and the smoke billowing out from Aela’s fire rune swirled around the two immortal mares at a dizzying pace.

“Look! Cheri yelled over the roar of the flames as an image began to take shape.

She gripped the thread between them a little harder, feeling her energy pulled in too many places all at once. Just a little longer, she grit her teeth together. The image was coming into focus now, making itself stand out from the thick, oily fumes. It was…

… a stallion. A young stallion, in the prime of his early youth and wearing a pale golden coat that flamed like a morning sun. There was no mistaking the distinct pattern all along his back; he was galloping across a flat terrain, barren and scorched from the sun, and right before the image dimmed you could just make out a range of mountains in the distance.

“I can’t hold it any longer,” Cheri strained against the growing pressure, “is that all … you need?”

She hoped it was, because her ears were starting to ring.

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 02-28-2022, 12:26 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Aela - 03-04-2022, 01:34 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 03-14-2022, 09:04 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Aela - 03-18-2022, 08:15 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 03-21-2022, 05:56 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Aela - 03-27-2022, 01:13 PM
    RE: I’m falling under again | Aela - by Cheri - 04-08-2022, 09:49 PM