• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The Kill List | Obscene

I see us written in the Stars

Obscene was a Prince, for heaven's sake. He was a master at disguising his feelings, making it so that everyone around him saw the mask and not the soul underneath it. He played his part well enough that Cheri laughed along with the sarcastic comments, all the while knowing his fears as Obscene intimately knew hers.

This time, however, he had nothing to fear where her curiosity was concerned. The idea Cheri had about practicing her magic on plant life more or less mimicked the powers Ob was already using to make her favorite toxic snack. She actually lipped a few outer petals of one bulb and chewed them thoughtfully while he talked, so accustomed to the plant's effects that her taste for them had long surpassed acquired.

Her jaw stopped when he got to the phrase about a child.

Outside of the supernatural sense, Cheri could feel the heaviness in Ob’s labored pause. He was staring at her, perhaps looking for some sort of reaction to this incredibly private side of Aela’s past, while Cheri’s expression grew darker and darker - if such a thing were even possible.

She felt … angry.
    Angry for Aela, who had every right to despise these woods. Cheri didn’t even bother questioning Ob’s story since his little *loophole* prevented him from lying, but she did scoff very quietly at the notion of ghosts.

Lost to her thoughts, it was eventually Ob’s gentle embrace that snapped Cheri out of her quiet furies. She jumped at his touch, snapped her eyelashes together in sweeping confusion, and then comprehended what he was trying to say minutes after the words already left his mouth.

“I’m beginning to see it myself.” Her steps were slow and unhurried. “Thank you for… trusting me, I guess. In the same sense, you should probably know that I don’t necessarily despise your pretty ex anymore.”

The smirk on her black velvet lips was sent straight from hell. When the Fae Prince leant in to kiss her neck she was smiling again, too enthralled by his touch to think of anything else for the moment.

A dangerous feeling.
    One she could easily get attached to.

“Or something.” Cheri murmured the tempting threat like she was actually considering it. “What is it? I can’t believe how full of surprises you are tonight.”

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 03-03-2022, 07:46 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 03-03-2022, 09:59 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 03-06-2022, 11:30 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 03-07-2022, 06:39 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 03-15-2022, 09:38 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 03-15-2022, 10:52 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 03-24-2022, 09:18 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 03-27-2022, 03:02 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 04-07-2022, 09:43 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 04-10-2022, 01:22 PM