• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Shadows for Skin | Rezza

I see us written in the Stars

It's not dry humor that escapes Cheri, but the lack thereof entirely. The forest was well-known as a common area and so, naturally, the pegasus had merely assumed (and without knowing it, correctly assumed) that whoever the pale purple mare was, she certainly wasn't intricately aquainted with the more common aspects of this land. Again, Cheri merely thought that she was a water-dweller of some sort; otherwise she never considered another commoner or kingdom-member would allude to trespassing in the forest as anything but false accusations.

For her part, Cheri thought trying to explain that would've only offended the stranger. She was thus equally glad to find Rezza happily engaged by chatter concerning teleportation, instead.

"It's as useful as it cumbersome, I say." Her laughter was genuine and bright, as clear as crystal. "Pleasure to meet you, Rezza. My friends call me Cheri."

Perhaps she should be introducing herself as Champion of Taiga instead, she thinks. After all, there was no better way to spread the word than by mouth, and if word ever needed to get out about Taiga's new leaders she would have to be the one doing it. This time, she thinks those necessities can wait. It was perferable to Cheri that she enjoy the serendipity of crossing paths with a unqiue, beautiful mare rather than to spoil it right from the beginning with 'titles'.

"I come from the northern regions," Rezza's companion kept talking, wanting to volley the conversation in a diplomatic way so that her counterpart might not be held responsible for the bulk of it, "are you a river-dweller?"

@Rezza

Messages In This Thread
    Shadows for Skin | Rezza - by Cheri - 03-03-2022, 09:18 PM
    RE: Shadows for Skin | Rezza - by Rezza - 03-15-2022, 09:50 AM
    RE: Shadows for Skin | Rezza - by Cheri - 03-19-2022, 01:52 PM
    RE: Shadows for Skin | Rezza - by Rezza - 03-29-2022, 08:35 AM
    RE: Shadows for Skin | Rezza - by Cheri - 04-11-2022, 01:48 PM
    RE: Shadows for Skin | Rezza - by Rezza - 04-19-2022, 08:54 AM