• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i dont know how to take it away from you
    Ryatah
    She knows that the story of her life is not the preferred taste for some, if not most. It was mostly darkness with a few streaks of light—just enough to lend a false sense of hope, a shimmering beacon guiding her from one mistake to the next. The choices that she made to survive many would find bitter and difficult to swallow, but without seeing her beginning—without seeing the way the jungle in that far-off long-dead land had molded her in a way that was irreversible—it is impossible to fully grasp how she had no choice but to become what she had become.

She had learned to thrive off being broken and finding a way to rebuild herself from the shattered pieces.
    She learned how to find allyship (though sometimes precarious it may be) in what should have been enemies, aligning herself with a darkness that she never should have found herself so close to.

But all those changes, all those numerous times she had been dealt a blow that might have unraveled someone else had given her a strength for forgiveness that was nearly unmatched, and it is only because of all those who had wronged her in the past that she finds it so easy to look Gale in the eye. The scar on her chest does not twinge or burn in memory of what he had done, and even though the apprehension and an echo of fear still lingers in her mind, she is just as willing to give him a second chance as she would be with anyone, and the pleased smile that she gives in response to him saying he would like to stay says as much.

“I am, actually,” she answers him, and where some might have adopted a note of pride at such a thing, her own tone remains level. She is not sure if it counts as being in charge, and she did mostly so that if anyone did long for the solidarity of a kingdom she could provide it. The world had fallen into chaos but the Pampas, so far, remained at peace. “Though I can’t say I’ve really done much. Mostly I have just been trying to ensure others know that we are available if someone is in search of a home, now that everywhere else is gone.”
    EVEN ANGELS HAVE THEIR WICKED SCHEMES

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i dont know how to take it away from you - by Ryatah - 10-31-2022, 01:55 AM