• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  living just to say goodbye; Stargaze

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

She is a decidedly strange creature. Normally women fall into two categories with him, those who find his aggression attractive for some gods-forsaken reason, or those who can’t wait to get the hell away from him. She doesn’t fall neatly into either. Oh, she flirts well enough, but the way she pulls away slightly at his threatening approach tells another story.

Yet she doesn’t seem inclined to leave either.

If Ashhal were a better man, he would back up and give her space. But he is not a better man. Not even close. So far from it, in fact, that the brief flash of uncertainty serves only to ignite a dark thrill deep in his belly. She had just unwittingly drawn forth the darkness that lingers too close beneath his skin. Tempted the creature that wants nothing more than to feel her willing submission beneath a touch that is none-too-gentle.

Though her smile teases and taunts, her subtle retreat belies it. He should let her go, but he doesn’t. Instead, he follows, though he does not try to lessen the distance any further. His voice is a low rumble when he speaks, taunting her as she had him. “I don’t think this is going to be something you’ll want to describe to your mother.”

His wings lift slightly, a subtle sign of his rising aggression, though this time it has little to do with annoyance. If he were at all a man of humor, one could almost imagine he was teasing her. Almost. If one could ignore the thread of dangerous intent humming through his tensed limbs.

He shifts then, ever so slightly closer. Close enough he could touch her if he chose. But he doesn’t touch, instead lingering just a breath away. “You don’t really fucking care about what I’ve doing though, do you?”

@Stargaze

Messages In This Thread
    living just to say goodbye; Stargaze - by Ashhal - 04-20-2023, 08:57 AM
    RE: living just to say goodbye; Stargaze - by Ashhal - 05-12-2023, 12:56 PM