• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  every lesson forms a new scar
    It has been a long time since he last spoke with anyone else, and when he finally meets the bright-eyed gaze of the stranger he feels a flicker of apprehension. He used to be able to get by on small talk and simple pleasantries, but he was sorely out of practice and unsure how easily he could pick it back up.

Before his anxiety can grow into regret he finds himself face-to-face with a young mare, and though she does not give any outright indication that she is distressed he can just make out the slight tightness in her eyes, and he wonders if perhaps she is lost.

“We are in Beqanna. At least, I think this is Beqanna,” he pauses to look around, a slight frown creasing his silver-gray face. One thing he had learned in his travels is many forests managed to look the same, and the longer he stared the more he began to doubt that he had made it back. He would need to go further and search for a landmark — wasn’t there some beach with a strange whale sign or carving on it? — to be sure of it, but even without the scenery being familiar there was just the feel that this is the right place.

She mentions somewhere called the Emerald Sea, and while hearing an unfamiliar name momentarily throws him off (he does not recall there being such a place in Beqanna), he figures that whether they are in Beqanna or not, he is pretty certain they are nowhere near a place by such a name. “I’ve never heard of the Emerald Sea, not even in my most recent travels. My guess would be we are pretty far from it.”

Realizing that he has not yet introduced himself (it’s been awhile since he’s needed to) he says hastily, “My name is Lautner, by the way. Is that where you are headed? To the Emerald Sea?”
    L A U T N E R

@Nizhonii

Messages In This Thread
    every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 01-06-2024, 05:32 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Lautner - 01-08-2024, 01:00 AM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 01-15-2024, 09:09 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Lautner - 01-21-2024, 11:00 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 01-27-2024, 06:44 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Lautner - 02-11-2024, 04:09 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 03-02-2024, 09:33 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Lautner - 03-27-2024, 11:07 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 03-31-2024, 12:47 PM