• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  every lesson forms a new scar
    She is in Beqanna, he tells her, and she’s already frowning at the unfamiliar name when he continues that he only thinks they are in Beqanna. Her ears - one rose pink, the other white and yellow - flick nervously. He doesn’t know where he is either?

”Did you Drift here too?” She asks, but as soon as the words are out of her mouth, she realizes how silly that is. Of course he didn’t Drift here; he is not one of the Honi. ”Nevermind, I…” What was going to be an apology trails off before it begins, as the gray stallion says he hasn’t ever heard of the Emerald Sea.

At that she begins to smile. He’s teasing her, she realizes with a wash of relief. Because of course he’s heard of the Emerald Sea, especially if he’s a traveler. It is the water that surrounds the entire world, its depths as green as the gem that shares its name, boiling hot and impenetrable. All she needs to know is what direction the sea is in, and then she’ll be able to find her way home, to the dry and dusty shores of Honi.

He introduces himself as Lautner, and the smile at the edges of her rose pink mouth grows wider. Her eyes, as green as the foam of the frothing Emerald Sea she is sure surrounds this place that may or may not be wherever Beqanna is, are brighter now.

”I’m Nizhonii,” she says, the word both her given name and (she assumes) a proclamation of her homeland and status. ”I’m trying to find my way back home,” she admits, and even though she still does not know where she is, she is glad that the first stranger she’s come across is friendly. Surely that bodes well for the whomever else she might meet here.

”So how do we find out if this is Beqanna?” She asks, at least temporarily distracted from the realization that she has Drifted not only between kingdoms but also worlds.

@Lautner

Messages In This Thread
    every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 01-06-2024, 05:32 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Lautner - 01-08-2024, 01:00 AM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 01-15-2024, 09:09 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Lautner - 01-21-2024, 11:00 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 01-27-2024, 06:44 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Lautner - 02-11-2024, 04:09 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 03-02-2024, 09:33 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Lautner - 03-27-2024, 11:07 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 03-31-2024, 12:47 PM