• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it's me who's been making the bed
    Myrna
    suffocate the fire  i started--------------------
    right when it kindles

“Everclear.” Myrna repeats his unfamiliar name as the stallion dips his head politely. She inclines her own in return, though her piercing green gaze does not leave his as she adds truthfully: “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

There is a pause after she asks if he has been in the Gates for long, and the pale haired mare follows Everclear’s gaze as he looks out over the rolling hills of her home. She sees nothing strange on the horizon, and when he answers, the reason for the pause becomes clear.

He calls it Heaven’s Gates.

He is not the first one to use that name of late, a reminder of the long storied past this kingdom possesses. The crown is a more recent tale, and so she smiles at both the compliment and the mention of his former residence and title here. A former king? Kindling hope lends a brightness to her expression that contradicts the answer that she gives.

How has the land been?

“Safe.” She replies, answering both of his question at once. The Gates have been safe, and she knows that is what she would first want to hear, if ever she were to return to Hyaline. “The whole world has been quiet for the most part, but it has been peaceful. Sometimes I think that whatever kept us all fighting each other was drowned too.”

At that her smiles softens, because the peace of the last few years had been much needed for her, and there has not even been theft of late, let alone the violence of an all out war. When she meets Everclear’s gaze, she feels the sincerity in his words, and does not doubt them for a moment. He means it, she knows, he would stay.

“I think that we will be very grateful for your decision to return home.” Myrna says with a smile. Had she not just been hoping for someone to arrive, someone just like this Everclear seems to be? It occurs to her that their lack of guard (she’d never seen a need, not with the quiet and the Watcher) and absence of court politics, that perhaps there is little to offer him in exchange for such loyalty.

@ Everclear

Messages In This Thread
    it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 01-28-2024, 09:00 AM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 02-06-2024, 04:00 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-02-2024, 08:52 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-23-2024, 01:24 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-31-2024, 09:29 AM