• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; Zeik
    I'm looking for the sky to save me, 
    looking for a sign of life
    And then a voice rings out across the water.  

She blinks, startled.  The voice seems wrong, out of place in her mind.  For a moment she thinks she must have imagined it, but then a flicker of movement at the edge of her sight proves her wrong.  

She turns slowly, fighting against the resistance of the water.  She’s up to her withers now.  So, so close to oblivion.

At the water’s edge stands a blue roan stallion, staring at her with a concern that she knows well by now.  Her face twists into a grimace at the sight of him.  Why had he had to come?  Why could he have not let her die in peace?  She deserves that much surely, after all she’s been through.

And yet he asks why.

And for some reason she finds herself answer.

Shaky with disuse, her voice echoes back across the water.  “Because I’m tired.  I’ve had enough.”  Enough pain, enough abuse, enough loss.  She’s experience far more than any horse should have to experience in their lifetime … far more than most horses ever will experience.  She has suffered again and again.  She just wants it to end.  

“And … I deserve peace.”  She can give herself that much.  She owes herself that much.  Who is he to question that?
    carys
    html by maat

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm looking for the sky to save me; Zeik - by Carys - 09-23-2015, 12:42 AM