• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it's me who's been making the bed
    ‘Safe’ Myrna says and that simple word seems to warm his heart, easing it of a mild anxiety he hadn’t even identified in it before.

Even in all his time away, from the moment he had left the throne to Julian and until now, Everclear has wondered after the wellbeing of the kingdom. Unlike what so many had claimed to be true, he had truly cared for this kingdom. Spyglass had painted its image so illustriously in his mind’s eye and he had fallen in love with it just as much as he had with her, back in those far-off years of his life.

To know that it is safe now is a welcomed relief.

He smiles with the queen as she explains that the whole of Beqanna seemed to have grown quiet and calm and it’s not a fact he would dispute. What little he’s seen of it since his return this time seems to yield credence to her words. Things are certainly much tamer, less harried and tumultuous as he’s known them to be, and personally he cannot complain. It gives him some hope, true and pure in his heart, that, for once, the horses of Beqanna can know a simpler life.

Even if there is nothing to do in the way of politics and the struggle of hierarchy, there is a comfortable peace in the knowledge that he has not returned to conflict and war.

He’s had his fill of those for enough lifetimes.

“Consider me your newest resident, then,” he says cheerfully after she welcomes his offer. “I will do all that I can to retain the kingdom’s safety and peace.” Another smile, filled with hope. “And, of course, any other task you may need of me. I know these are harmonious times and I pray that it continues, but if necessary I will fight to defend the Gates once more.”

Not that he has ever preferred violence, but he had bled for this place before and would do it again.

E V E R C L E A R

Messages In This Thread
    it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 01-28-2024, 09:00 AM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 02-06-2024, 04:00 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-02-2024, 08:52 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Everclear - 03-19-2024, 07:21 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-23-2024, 01:24 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-31-2024, 09:29 AM