• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't you hear me howling?
    Skywalker
    "I don't want my life to imitate art,
    I want my life to be art."
    -Carrie Fisher

She has been gone for too long and she is somewhat ashamed of it. Her thoughts linger on the pair of lovely mares that had taken her under their wings, that had embraced her without hesitation. She had repaid their kindnesses by disappearing abruptly, leaving no reason or explanation. She sighs heavily and her head lowers slightly as their faces swim across her vision. Perhaps they won’t be too upset with her.

The air is damp and heavy with salt as she sails along, occasionally dipping low enough to skim the waters with her hooves. Though she may be older now, she is still enough of a child to kick at the surface a few times, scattering droplets far and wide, creating a short-lived rainbow that elicits a bubble of laughter. For just a few moments, she forgets her guilt and enjoys the remainder of her flight over the blue-green Baltian sea.

Almost too soon, the border of the Gates greets her. She ascends higher in the air to better scout the area for a suitable landing spot. She spies the lavender field and the willow tree that she had chosen when she had first arrived and a bittersweet smile crosses her lips. She continues on a bit further without a second glance at the tree.

Eventually, she chooses a fairly non-descript area. Her hooves thump lightly against the soft bed of clover. She breathes deeply in and out for several minutes, pleasant memories washing over her as the subtle scent fills her nostrils. Her head drops to take in more of the scent and her lips eventually begin to browse, seeking out the sweet shamrock leaves crowding beneath the colorful blossoms.

She takes her time nibbling, sampling nearly everything, delighting in the varied and satisfying flavors that the rich soil has to offer. She’s stalling and she knows it, but she is also exceptionally aware of how quiet the land is and small pangs of contrition begin to needle at her chest again. Are they even still here?

She finally musters the courage to begin exploring the painfully empty realm, eyes darting constantly in search of Myrna or Evermind. Perhaps fate will be kind enough to not only place them in her path, but also grant her easy forgiveness as well. Oh, but no such luck today. Instead, she finishes skirting a smallish hill that she hadn’t wanted to climb and finds herself staring at a wide-open mouth of terrifyingly sharp teeth.

Her breaths and heartbeat quicken as she recognizes the threat that lounges before her. Can she make it into the air before the gold cat notices her presence? Her multicolored feathers rustle noisily as her wings instinctively spread and her muscles tense as she prepares to take flight..

IMAGE BY otis4rt

@ Viszla 

Messages In This Thread
    don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 03-16-2024, 04:19 PM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by skywalker - 03-22-2024, 10:33 AM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 03-23-2024, 01:33 PM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by skywalker - 03-24-2024, 07:45 PM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 03-30-2024, 11:04 AM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by skywalker - 04-14-2024, 11:42 AM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 05-03-2024, 10:11 PM