• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I tried to wrestle every wonder

Beldam eyes the colt that seems to be hiding behind his sister, wondering what his deal was. She attempts to smile at him, but she has silver, sharp teeth and it is unlikely that this gesture gives off the impression that she is hoping for. Nor does the deep black accurately display her delight at communicating to horses her own age - especially those that also are interested in hunting.

She had been trying for a rabbit, but that was tricky enough just on her own - the three of them were surely going to spook those sneaky little critters without even trying. And they were fast. Squirrels were another favourite attempt too - though they too easily escaped upwards into trees. Not fully understanding how her wings worked, Beldam assumed one day she’d be able to fly up after them - not realizing that she’ll be far too big to do such things once she is actually able to fly.

Not to mention, she’ll require far bigger meals than squirrels at that point.

But the filly’s words inspire her and she brightens up at the novelty that they present. So she chirps with delight - “I’ve never had a frog before. Let’s try that.” She’d seen the leaping little things and they absolutely qualified as a nice, bite-sized snack.

@ Escence

Messages In This Thread
    I tried to wrestle every wonder - by Beldam - 03-17-2024, 10:16 PM
    RE: I tried to wrestle every wonder - by Escence - 03-22-2024, 07:16 PM
    RE: I tried to wrestle every wonder - by Beldam - 03-25-2024, 10:15 PM
    RE: I tried to wrestle every wonder - by Escence - 03-26-2024, 06:33 AM
    RE: I tried to wrestle every wonder - by Beldam - 04-14-2024, 02:33 PM
    RE: I tried to wrestle every wonder - by Escence - 04-15-2024, 06:17 PM